Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the developer of Miscoe Springs, and how long have they been in the business of building homes?
National award-winning builder and developer Habitech Communities has established a tradition of excellence in homebuilding. As a premier builder with over 30 years of experience, they have created outstanding neighborhoods and more than 900 distinctive homes surrounding Boston. Signature communities include McIntyre Crossing, Buttrick Woods, Villages at Stow, Academy Hill, Maspenock Woods, Summit Pointe, Chestnut Meadow, and Tadmor Bolton, among many others.
The Habitech Communities team is passionate about creating timeless homes that blend seamlessly with their surroundings. Special care is taken to integrate home designs with the natural features of the landscape.
This thoughtful approach to neighborhood creation has earned Habitech a solid reputation with their host communities. Client satisfaction remains at the forefront of the Habitech ethos and is a central cornerstone of the company’s longevity.
How many homes in total will there be?
Are there any age restrictions at Miscoe Springs?
What is the tax rate in Mendon, MA?
The FY2023 tax rate is $14.60 per thousand.
How are the homes being assessed?
What Amenities are near-by?
Miscoe Springs is located where the corners of Mendon, Upton and Northbridge meet. Some of the “amenities” that homeowners will appreciate most are:
- The convenient proximity to Mendon and Upton public schools. Both Mendon and Northbridge also have private Christian Schools as well;
- The close proximity to Route 495, Route 16 and Route140;
- The close proximity to playgrounds, soccer fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, and town parks;
- Both Mendon and Upton have lakes with public beaches, boating, fishing, day camps, concerts, and popular events like cardboard boat races and fishing derbies;
- The Mendon Twin Drive-In with two separate movie screens which is owned by the Andelman brothers of the Phantom Gourmet fame. It is one of the last five drive-in theaters in Massachusetts and hosts many popular events like simulcast concerts, barbeque events, and outdoor concerts;
- A variety of wonderful dining experiences, a feature left over from the Lake Nipmuc Park heyday. They range from truly fine dining experiences at Alicante’ and New England Steak and Seafood to George’s Surf n’ Turf which features an old fashioned drive-in with car-hop service right to your car.
- Close proximity for all your medical needs at the ever expanding Milford Regional Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Treatment center, resulting in eliminating long trips to Boston for first rate care.