Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the developer of Miscoe Springs, and how long have they been in the business of building homes?
Habitech Communities, LLC
Habitech Communities has established a tradition of excellence in home building. With over 40 years of experience they have created outstanding neighborhoods and over 400 distinctive homes in fine communities North and West of Boston.
Habitech Communities is the premiere homebuilder whose signature communities include McIntyre Crossing, New Campbellton Estates, Forest Park Estates, Harold Parker Estates, The Villages at Stow, and The Villages at Oak Hill among many others.
Habitech Communities’ building team is passionate about creating timeless homes that blend seamlessly with their surroundings. Special care is taken to integrate home designs with the natural features of the landscape.
The company’s thoughtful approach to neighborhood creation has earned Habitech a solid reputation with their host communities.
How many homes in total will there be?
There will be a total of 65 single family homes.
Are there any age restrictions at Miscoe Springs?
This is not an age-restricted community.
What is the tax rate in Mendon, MA?
The tax rate is $17.25 per thousand.
How are the homes being assessed?
We advise homeowners to assume 100% assessment for their calculation of real estate taxes. In other words, for them to assume the total purchase price of their home.
What Amenities are near-by?
Miscoe Springs is located where the corners of Mendon, Upton and Northbridge meet. Some of the “amenities” that homeowners will appreciate most are:
- The convenient proximity to Mendon and Upton public schools. Both Mendon and Northbridge also have private Christian Schools as well;
- The close proximity to Route 495, Route 16 and Route140;
- The close proximity to playgrounds, soccer fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, and town parks;
- Both Mendon and Upton have lakes with public beaches, boating, fishing, day camps, concerts, and popular events like cardboard boat races and fishing derbies;
- The Mendon Twin Drive-In with two separate movie screens which is owned by the Andelman brothers of the Phantom Gourmet fame. It is one of the last five drive-in theaters in Massachusetts and hosts many popular events like simulcast concerts, barbeque events, and outdoor concerts;
- A variety of wonderful dining experiences, a feature left over from the Lake Nipmuc Park heyday. They range from truly fine dining experiences at Alicante’ and New England Steak and Seafood to George’s Surf n’ Turf which features an old fashioned drive-in with car-hop service right to your car.
- Close proximity for all your medical needs at the ever expanding Milford Regional Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Treatment center, resulting in eliminating long trips to Boston for first rate care.
What are some included features of the homes?
GE stainless steel kitchen appliances (gas range, microwave, refrigerator & dishwasher); granite counter-tops in kitchen and bathrooms, pre-finished hardwood in dining room, foyer, kitchen, and rear hall; ceramic tile flooring in kitchens bathrooms, decorator quality carpet in living room and all bedrooms in various colors to choose from; and 9′ first floor ceilings and gas fireplace.
What type of utilities do you have?
The heating systems in all of the Miscoe Springs’ homes will be propane/forced hot air with central air conditioning. The hot water system for all of the homes are propane.
Is there a warranty with the homes?
A warranty period of one year is provided by the builder and is included for all of the homes at Miscoe Springs.
Will they have decks/patios?
All homes at Miscoe Springs will feature exterior decks. The addition of a patio for the walk-out basements will be part of the many personal choice options available at Miscoe Springs.
Is there a fireplace?
Yes, all homes have a gas fireplace with custom mantel.
How do we receive our mail?
Mail will be individually delivered to each single-family home.
What is your reservation process?
A non-binding reservation agreement and $1,000 reservation deposit. Contact the Miscoe Springs’ sales office for further details.